Monday, January 04, 2010

christmas recap

The holidays are finally over and I wanted to post my favorite Christmas picture from this past year.
Above: Our Christmas decorated living room. I was gift wrapping so the coffee table was a little cluttered, but I still think the living room felt very comfortable and cozy. Below: These are the cupcakes I made to give as Christmas gifts for my cousins. Surprisingly, the cookies and cupcakes I gave my cousins came out looking and tasting nice, but I do not think I will do it again as I spent the whole morning and day cooking- it was exhausting.

Above: Maddy wearing a pretty red bow for the Holidays. Below: Toby enjoying his new Christmas presents from his Mom & Dad. He never stops playing with his new bone and the gingerbread toy is always in Maddy's mouth.
The last picture I remember sending to Mike while he was at work. The dogs were knocked out from playing around the house all day and I was just relaxing at home before my payback. Working on holidays suck because you sacrifice sleep to spend time with family, you still feel like your missing out on family time when you have to leave to go into work, you miss sleep to prepare things for the holiday, and after spending all day awake with the family you still have to spend all night awake working. This picture makes me think of the "calm after the storm" of the holidays, after all the craziness it's nice to just sit back and enjoy the holiday season with quietness.

1 comment: